31 March 2010

Priorities....where are they


"people who have passion but lack priorities are like individuals who find themselves in a lonely log cabin deep in the woods on a cold snowy night and then light a bunch of small candles and place them all around the room. They don’t create enough light to help them see, nor do they produce enough heat to keep them warm. At best, they merely make the room see a bit more cheerful. On the other hand. People who possess priorities but no passion re like those who stack wood in the fireplace of that same cold cabin but never light the fire. But people who have passion with prorates are like those who stack the wood, light the fire, and enjoy the light and heat that it produces.”

"Go for Gold" by John C. Maxwell.

This book is amazing. Everyday there is something new for me to learn. It is broken up into week long chapters; the idea is that it takes a long time to become a good leader so the book takes a long time to read so that you have time to work on what I am trying to tell you.

I really like this one because sometimes I forget what the most important things are. If I go a day without spending that time alone with God like today I was running around and did not sit down with him (it is now 3 min until it is tomorrow). But I can say that today I lived by my priorities. I put God first today even though I did not meet specifically with him I did every job today to the best of my ability which is my first priority. To serve him is the main thing. While I was living today I stopped to talk to Him throughout the day but it was like we were talking and working at the same time because I did at no time stop and say now is my time to pray (if you are running a rifle range it is hard to stop what you are doing). But I think the main point for me is realizing that everything I do is focused at Jesus. Focused at loving him more and serving him to the best of my ability.

Topic jump.
I have been reading my friends Blog and they said they are feeling like their relationship with God is lacking something. Like they were singing last night and it did not feel real like you were not worthy to be singing the words of the song. Last semester I was at a similar place.
I was at a point where I was so tire of being a Christian I could not pray, I could not read by Bible, I could barely sing (which is big for me). There was a lot of stuff going on in my life that was separating me from Jesus during that time (for another, later post). For a span of about 3 weeks I took a break from being a Christian. I was just to tire and discourage I could not do it. It was not real, my relationship with God, my heart was cold, and my spirit was dry.

I distinctly remember one phone call with my mom, I was about to go to bed and she asked me if I wanted to pray before I went to bed and then she would pray…..I literally sat there for 2 minutes in silence. I could not do it. You know when you pray and you do not feel it. I could not feel it and I did not want to feel it, I had shut myself up so tight, I could not even pray. She just prayed and I went to bed.

Over Christmas break ’09. I got real with God and I started again. I decided since I had taken a break from being a Christian, I was a new Christian so I started again. Even since that day I have been thirsty for Jesus. I have been learning how to love him and others more. I have been learning how to walk with him and love him like I should. Like anyone who is new to something I still have a lot to learn but I am so excited to learn.

For anyone who actually reads this. I want to say if you feel like your relationship with God right now is not real and you do not feel connected to him. I was right there…it will end…like now I cannot even tell you how on fire for God I feel now. I got real with God…. and did not fall in love with God…….I AM GROWING IN LOVE WITH GOD (to fall is an accident; to grow/climb is a choice). Love is a choice and we have to make it every day. I now choice to love God more than any and everything else in my life, I still have a lot of bumps to workout but I cannot wait to iron them out with Jesus.

Well if you got his far you must have either 1) found something interesting which is unlikely or 2) you have to much spare time on your hands (for my friends also unlikely) or 3) you are a more devoted friend that I deserve.

Get out there and live life to the full because Jesus made us to live and love for his glory. So join me living life.

“There is no disgrace in a failure only in a failure to try.” -Teddy Roosevelt

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment