17 March 2010

Spring Break

So after living though last week. Which was not fun. Balancing school all that was due and my job as Sandhurst Command Sergeant Major (I was looking at it the other day and I am in charge of 90+ people and $200,000 worth of equipment...kind of scary). But I lived thought it and I learned a lot from it.

1. Sleep is amazing, without it I have to watch how I interact with people very carefully because I get on edge when I have little or no sleep.
2. Time management is something that is very important because things that are important get lost and thing that are not important seem to always move to the front.
3. Physically I am capable of much more than I thought I was. When I was tired and going on no sleep one night I was able to max a physical test (a 1500 yard swim) and later the weights portion of the test.
4. During a week where my strength ran out about 36 hours in God gave me more strength than I deserved.
5. When you are tired and so lost that you have no idea where to go and what to do God always steps in when you need him the most. Not so much when you want him to step in but when you need him. He is never late and never early but always right when you need it the most.

So even after a week that was very painful I can say that I learned a lot. That is the point to life, learning from the hard times. If we do not look at the hard time and battles and embrace them and learn from them we are losing so many lessons we are meant to learn. Most of the important lessons I learn at the most painful points in my life. Well I do at least.

But I have to say this week (Spring break) has been amazing so far. I have had time to think about some amazing ideas about my leadership, academics and physical. There are so many things I want to accomplish in so many areas. I am just starting to see the potential and the plans that God has given me and I cannot wait to see where it will take me. WOW what a journey. I cannot wait to get started.

1 comment:

  1. Love point #5!!!

    And your enthusiasm for living in God's plan =)

    ReplyDelete