29 March 2010

The Pull

Some times I want to give up and throw in the towel completely. I want to stop fighting, I mean I fight so hard to do the right thing and I rarely ever see the benefit. I try and do the right things, I try and watch the right things, I try and say the right things and sometimes I just get tired of it and wonder why.....then I feel "the pull"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA

This skit makes me cry. I just watched it and I cried again. When I see Jesus pulling her to him I feel like I can feel Jesus pulling me too. Like all the things in my life are standing in the way and trying to distract me. Lust, money, alcohol, vanity and disregard for life. but then I remember that dance, I remember when Jesus and I used to dance and I want to go back to that and dance with him but I am caught up in the fight to get back to him because of all the things that I have let get between us. I cannot move them he has to step in and free me.

we did this skit for the plebe retreat that I ran at the beginning of last semester and I played Jesus and I can tell you when I was pulling her across the stage to me I felt...like I was really pulling someone I felt like I was in the thing. When I ran in and held back everyone, it was so strange.

Just think about that. Remember why we do what we do. I do, I do what I do because Jesus loves me and I love him and I love do dance with him more than I love to dance with the distractions in my life.

1 comment:

  1. This was really well put! Your writing has gotten way better and this was a really encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete