21 March 2010

Back to the grind

So here I am again back at my desk at west point. Back from Spring Break ready to start school again. Many people around me are groaning in agony to be back but I am ready I am excited. To be back here to see what the next couple weeks have in store for me.

God has been showing me a lot of really cool stuff lately and I want to see how it pans out in the days to follow. Excitement about the future is one of the only ways to stay on course. Look at this verse.


Philippians 3: 12-14 (New International Version)

12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I think this is so awesome. Just think about that. Straining towards what is ahead. When I think to strain for something I think of a warrior fighting with all that is in him for some cause. To save the women he loves, he is straining with all that is in him. Nothing can stand in his way.

God is calling us towards the goal to win the prize. Keeping our eyes focused on the prize and letting nothing distract me from that path.

No comments:

Post a Comment