06 September 2010

Heaven’s treasure….real/not-real

We talk about the treasure of heaven all the time. But why do we so often forget that the treasure is there when things get hard. If the treasure is so good we should be willing to go through any…..ANY pain or suffering or trial to get that prize.

How easily we are distracted from something so powerful.

You can hardly look at the sun for its power. It will blind you if you look for more than a second. However it is 93,000,000 miles away and light travels at 3.0x10^8 meters/second (that is 300,000,000 meters per second). It takes the light over a minute to reach us on earth. Yet we can take our thumb and blot out the sun….just like that. Something so powerful and majestic can be obliterated by something as simple and mundane as your own thumb.

This is what we do to God’s glory and to the treasure of heaven. It is so big and amazingly wonderful but we let our eyes be covered so easily by the small things of life.

-an insult from someone we barely know.
-a bad grade on a test.
-a disappointment
-our own attitude.

We let our eyes be covered by such simple things it is amazing to me.

Over the past 10 plus years I have let things in my life cover my eyes blind me to what God was trying to tell me. I let the cover stay on because it was comfortable it was easy. That word easy. I am so sick of that word. Life is not easy and anyone who says it is easy is either blind or is about to be rudely wakened.

But I did not see the damage it was going to my life. How much I was sacrificing to say in my “safe” isolated world. But when I got so close to rock bottom I could see the dust on the floor (a story for another time) I had to see what was on the other side of the cover…

...and I will tell you something.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON! Now that I have seen what is on the other side of the veil I never want to go back.

The freedom, the love, the peace, the passion, the wholeness I felt when my eyes were opened was so amazing. I have been fighting tooth and nail ever since to never let my eyes be covered again.

I have been blind and now I know very well what the darkness looks like and what it feels like.

I NEVER WANT TO GO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment