07 September 2010

The future…..love

This is a topic that I think about very very often.

Love for God
Love for my wife

I have to confess that sometimes I think about loving my wife more than I think about God. Is that fully wrong? Because God is love and he made us to love. The only way we can truly love someone the way were meant to is to truly love God. Because in loving her in the truest sense of the word I love God. Because I love everything in her that God made and made beautifully and wonderfully.

This is one of the best analogies I have heard.

“A woman’s heart should be so intertwined with God, that a man must become one with God before he can find her heart.”

This is amazing the idea that you need to so close to God’s heart that the other person must become one with God so that they can find your heart. This is so cool it gives me goose bumps.

In wild at heart and Captivating they talk about this. How some men make the woman the adventure instead of inviting her to be part of a greater adventure. This is where relationships end because the focus is not on the right things. God designed each of us with deep desires in our hearts that need to be fulfilled. In these two books they talk about the core desires in men and woman.

A man wants…..
A battle to fight.
An adventure to live.
A beauty to rescue.

A woman wants….
To e romanced.
To play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure.
To unveil a beauty.


I cannot speak for the woman but I can say for myself that these three things spoke to my heart at a level that I did not know that I had! They awakened my heart and brought me back to life. But I can say that I have learned so much from both of these books. I have learned so much about myself and so much about how I am going to love my wife.

When God created man and woman he said “let us create man in our own image.” Then he made man and saw that it was not good for man to be alone so he created woman (I will talk more about this later). But if you look at man and woman we are made in God’s image but different sides of God’s image. Different sides of God’s character. Man has one side of God’s character and woman another side.

Look at Jesus. He was wild and dangerous, he made a wipe and threw the merchants out the temple and called one of the most powerful groups in Israel a brood of vipers. That is the side of his character he put in man. Then he takes the little children on his knee, he comforts the sick and above all he longs for us to love him, he is literally dying for our love. This is female side of his character. This is not to say in any way the women or men have the better side of God’s character. You cannot compare apples to oranges. We are just different but in our hearts we know that we are missing something deep in our hearts and what we are missing is the other half. We are missing the other half of the character that we make up. That is why we are drawn to the other gender so much. We know that we are missing something and we want to be whole.

I love this picture so think that I am half of God’s image and my wife is the other half and together we represent the image of God. In our love for each other, in the way that we care for each other in the way that we respect each other as half of a hole. A half that if vital to the adventure we are on. A half without which the story would fail, without which it is impossible to succeed.

But the point is that I do not have to look for my wife, I do not have to look for the other half of me. God will show her to me. I have to focus on Jesus night and day and be ready for when God says……

“Hey Joe look over there at her....”

1 comment:

  1. I will speak for the woman, yes that is want woman want. What books were you reading? Are they written to men or are they a "for everyone book".... I dont know how to say that but you understand what I mean =]

    ReplyDelete