17 August 2010

First day of the last year

Today I am starting my last year at the United States Military Academy at West Point New York. I am sad and excited at the same time. I am sad because I have enjoyed my time here so much I have learned so many lessons about myself and about leadership and I like to be around my friends.

However I cannot wait to step out into the career that is set before me. I did not come to west point to have fun and socialize however I have made friends here that I will have for the rest of my life. But I came to west point to become the officer that I was meant to be, to become the officer that I am capable of being.

I am a table commandant, which means I sit at the head of the table and I am in charge. I have four plebes at my table and as I look at them I see four individuals waiting to be developed and lead down the road to become the officers that they are meant to be. It is so exciting to me.

1 comment: