05 December 2009

Leadership part 1

Over the past couple of day I have been asked about my leadership and shared my ideas about leadership with some people so I wanted to put it into words and see how it looks. Because when you put ideas on paper it helps you visualize them and workout the rough edges. This could be really long or several posts. If there is one thing I love to talk about it is leadership.

What is leadership? Well looking at leaders of the past they are people who helped people get places and accomplish things that they could not have done on their own.

A leader is someone who motivates, inspires, organizes, coordinates and drives. The men and women under him/her to do what they have always wanted to accomplish. Sometimes this means that the leader has to make his people do things that they do not like in the present to reach their goal in the future. But the leader has a view of the end goal and the entire road to that goal knowing that steps that need to be taken.

The question I have been pondering is how does a leader do all of that. It is easy to say a leader inspires others but how does he do that.

Since I started writing this post (about two days ago) I have been thinking about leadership and how many different facets it has. So I am going to have to break it up or this will end up being a book and I will never finish this one post.


Always,

Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment